This milkshake/smoothie is so delicious it tastes just like dessert! I feel like I’ve found a loophole in life – how can something like this taste SO amazing AND be full of goodness!
If you’re craving something sweet and fulfilling (but with no added sweeteners) but don’t want to reach for cakes/chocolate or biscuits then this will really hit the spot!
Vegan, gluten free, versatile (can be breakfast, post workout snack, dessert, etc).
Total time – 10 minutes (if bananas already frozen)
Hint: peel and chop bananas and keep in the freezer – these are great in smoothies, desserts and homemade vegan ice-cream!
- 1x frozen banana chunks (large banana)
- 250ml of non dairy milk (I use Rude Health Almond or Brown Rice milk – it’s unsweetened but delicious!)
- 1-2 tbsp of raw cacao powder (or cocoa but this is normally sweetened and has other ingredients) – I normally order my cacao powder online form Amazon to get the best price, but it can be found in health food shops.
- 1 x heaped tbsp of nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew – each works great but add their own flavour)
- 1 x tsp cinnamon
- 1 x tsp hemp powder (optional – for an added protein boost)
- A few frozen raspberries (optional)
- sprinkling of chia seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients except for chia seeds into a blender/NutriBullet – or use a hand blender and blend until smooth and completely combined
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with chia seeds if using
- Enjoy guilt free!